Kathleen earned her Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy with a minor in Musical Theatre from the University of Windsor in 1999 (Voice and Piano Performance) She began her career as a Music Therapist at George Jeffrey Children’s Treatment Centre working with Infant and Preschool children with various physical, cognitive, social and emotional disabilities. During her time as a music therapist, she also ran a private music studio and was the organist for the Italian Choir at St. Dominic’s Catholic Church.
Kathleen served s the Vocal Director for the Junior and Senior Musical Theatre classes at Studio One Dance for 5 years. Her classes competed with Top Standings at many local and regional dance competitions. Her students performed production numbers that included Seussical, Wicked, The Wizard of Oz, CATS, Annie, Mary Poppins, Grease, and Matilda. During her time with Studio One Dance, Kathleen also worked for the Broadway Touring Company of The Wizard of Oz as the Vocal Director for the Munchkins.
Kathleen has been credited for her work as Vocal Director for Nor’wester View Public School’s production of High School Musical Junior in 2014 and continued to work with the school’s cast of Beauty and the Beast which was performed in 2015.
Kathleen was the Production Director for Vibe Music Performance Academy’s Aladdin Junior in 2016, The Lion King Junior in 2017 and Matilda in 2020. The cast and directors received rave reviews for their sold-out shows at St. Ignatius Highschool and Redwood Park Church.
Kathleen is very proud of her many past and present STUDENT achievements which include:
- Awards of Excellence and Scholarships from Conservatory Canada for receiving the Highest Mark in the Province on their voice and piano examinations;
- Gold Medal standings at the local Lakehead Festival of Music and the Arts;
- Advancement to Provincial Music Festival;
- Post-secondary education in music, music education, musical theatre and music therapy;
- Pursued a career in music (recording contracts, working with music managers and producers in Toronto, New York City and Los Angeles);
- Appearances in music videos, recognition of music achievements in music magazines.
“I am truly blessed to work with such an amazing team of talented teachers here at Vibe Performing Arts Academy. I am looking forward another great year of music studies with our students! I am excited for new performance opportunities for our students this year, a continuation of our Triple Threat programs and classes and the opportunity to share my love of the Performing Arts with each of you every day!”